Car Setup rules
In order to keep the racing even and fair as well as the cost factor down, we have implemented the following rules & guidelines.
1:32 Scale Setup Guidelines
- Bracing motor/ chassis allowed
- Minor shaving of chassis allowed to allow rocking
- No Magnets!
- Internal components can be secured by tape or glue i.e. Motor, bearings
- Guides can be changed where advised but No wood guides unless cut down to standard size
- Urethane tyres allowed (current ORTMAN and MJK preferred)
- Weight allowed
- Alloy gears allowed but must be standard ratio
- Alloy wheels allowed provided diameter and width remain within standard
- No lowering of chassis (except in v8’s)
- Rear wheel may be trued an glued and within standard measurements
- Front wheel may be trued and glued but must retain their original standard measurements
- Original manufacturers motor to be used
- Scratch built cars are allowed provided their performance is within reasonable scope of the intended class
- Be happy
- Wires/Braid and screws not subject to any rules
- A particular class or car may have allowances made to make it competitive, which may contradict the above.
1:24 Scale Setup Guidelines
- Standard Plafit, Ortman or MJK Tyres
- Standard engines where applicable
- NO magnets!!
I'm interested, so what do I do now?
If you think you have what it takes and are interested in racing slot cars with a great bunch of guys and wish to become a Phoenix member? then simply submit our
enquiry form and we will get back to you asap.